Friday, March 16, 2018

Egypt, final thoughs, and links to curated photos.

I want to go back.

No, I mean I want to go back, right NOW. I truly enjoyed this trip. Everything worked, the things we saw were better than you could have imagined, the people were almost universally friendly and helpful. The food was usually good (when we were able to avoid the tourist places) and it was the right combination of relaxing and frantic. We could pretend we were on a big adventure while not really putting ourselves at risk. The guides were knowledgeable and very nice. The drivers were patient and competent. Except for two brief lapses (due to traffic) the guides and drivers always arrived early. No horror stories.

We usually don't use travel agencies for this type of trip, but here we used a group called Travel Choice Egypt. They did an excellent job, and were flexible enough to change our itinerary on the fly when we asked them to do so. I found their rates reasonable. As for Nancy Shawky if you call.

And I can't thank the local PGS Country Manager enough as well. Merv Malati went out of her way to help. She even had the grace to come to the hotel and meet us.

This is a trip we will never forget.



To read a my narrative of the trip, just keep clicking on the "older posts" below. Blogs always have time reversed. I could modify that, but it then gets confusing.

I curated some of our photos (I took hundreds) and put them in Google Albums. I have comments in all the "description" fields, so turn on information if you want to see that. Google also geotags photos, so you can see where they were taken.

No offence will be taken if you click through nary a one of them.

Cairo. Day One
Cairo. Day Two
Egypt. Day Three. Karnak and Luxor
Egypt. Day Four. Valley of the Kings. Temples and Tombs
Egypt. Day Five. Abydos and Dendera
Egypt. Day Six. Luxor to Aswan. Esna and Edfu en route
Egypt. Day Seven. Abu Simbel
Egypt. Day Eight. Aswan. Unfinsihed Obelisk, Philae Temple
Egypt. Day Nine. Aswan, a feluka ride
Cairo. Day Ten. Islamic Cairo, citadel, and coffee




No comments:

Post a Comment